Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week has my favorite topic ever because it’s a cover freebie! That means we can share anything related to book covers whether they are pretty, hideous or of a certain theme. I really want to share 10 foreign edition book covers that are extremely stunning and stylish with you all!
1. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo in French
I love the character illustration even though they don’t resemble the ones on the pokers. Still gorgeous!
2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern in Japanese
I love the original US cover but the Japanese edition gives it another kind of enchanted, magical realism feeling. I just really love it!
3. The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley in Spanish
Actually, this is just a background color change but it makes a huge difference (like Heartless‘s OwlCrate edition).
4. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer in French
I love the French covers of the first three books and for the Indonesian one for Winter, but I have to share Cress‘s because it’s my favorite. It looks so SFF!
5. The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard #1) by Scott Lynch in Simplified Chinese
I love the art but not the words on it. Simplified Chinese characters just don’t look appealing to me.
6. The Princess Bride by William Goldman in Italian
Love the colors on this cover!
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee in Italian
I chose this one because it gives me the vintage vibe.
8. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie in Portuguese
Vintage + minimalist = perfect combo. The colors make me feel uncomfortable and scared, which suits the novel quite well.
9. Vicious (Villains #1) by V.E. Schwab in Simplified Chinese
I love this! I can see the publishers of Victoria Schwab’s books paid their designers well because all editions for her books are good-looking.
10. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling in Japanese
You can’t make a post about foreign editions and not mention Harry Potter. My favorite is still the original Bloomsbury edition but I came across the Japanese ones in a BuzzFeed post and I absolutely adore them, especially this one, which reminds me of Picasso’s paintings.